Friday, July 15, 2011

RETRO WHEELS

I have recently found a couple of builders of classic bicycles, one British (Pashley Cycles) and one American (Worksman Cycles, who even make pennyfarthings). Each one offers wonderful bikes, delightfully characteristic of their national traditions. I was thinking it couldn't get any better.

It got better.

Just down the road from my 1924 bungalow -- well, just down the road, around several corners and a few blocks over, which is still quite close -- is a brand-new business, gearing up to offer a product right out of time: National Moto+Cycle builds motorized cycles of the sort that haven't been made in nearly a hundred years. Just click through their "wall photos." You'll see.

My lodger says I stared at the screen, stunned, when I first saw them.

We're got an invitation to stop by tomorrow. I can't make any promises but I will be bringing my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment