Wednesday, May 28, 2014

PORTABLE-MOBILE LOGBOOKS FOR AMATEUR RADIO

     Any more, hams are not required to keep logs - but it is nice to have a record of who you heard from, and when.  Here are a couple for portable and mobile operation -- Field Day is coming up!
      The upper one is an ARRL original, found at a well-known online auction site.  The lower is one I made when I took a ham station along on an extended out-of-town trip.
     ARRL version is "shirt pocket" size, 6¼" by 4".  Mine is 8½" by 5½", trimmed from standard-size pages with one cut.

5 comments:

  1. Lat time I checked you could still get the little red ones from the ARRL.

    I've got 5 or so in my stash.....

    And Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Red? They changed the design to a tan color in the 1970s, as far as I know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "mini" logbooks I bought a few years ago are the same red color as in your picture.

    I don't have any of the full size logs from the ARRL. as I have a friend who works for Yaesu, and he gave me a box containing 50 or so of the Yaesu logs last year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice!

    ARRL did make red-cover Minilogs, marked "MINILOG," at one time. Just found that out today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah, I probably have enough paper log books to last me the rest of my Amateur Radio career!

    ReplyDelete